Friday, September 26, 2008

Lock Down...

Today about 3:25 my neighbor comes knocking on my door telling me to hurry up and get to the school, the school had been put on lock down. They founds some sort of substance and didn't know what it was but 12 kids and 2 adults had rashes and burning eyes and coughing from it. And they weren't sure if anyone else was going to be affected by it. So we stood across the street from the school from 325 til 715 when they finally let the kids start to leave. They still have not said what it is that they found in the school and the kids that were effected by it are ok, but it was so scary. The kids were locked in their classrooms and honestly had no clue what was going on. They said they were afraid there might be some bad guy in their school and that breaks my heart that they have to worry about things like this. When I got up to the school there were about 20 fire trucks 14 ambulances and numerous police, the SWAT team and of course the hazmat team. Now we're home and completely exhausted. I so need some sleep...

No comments: